Unanswered Question Lingers Two Decades After Pizza Bomber Incident

Home > Conflicts > Unanswered Question Lingers Two Decades ...

On August 28, 2003, a pizza delivery man named Brian Wells entered a PNC bank in Erie, Pennsylvania, wearing a metal collar around his neck

Irma Estes

Irma Estes

25 August 2023 12:49 pm

Unanswered Question Lingers Two Decades After Pizza Bomber Incident

Bank Heist and the Death of Brian Wells

On August 28, 2003, Brian Wells, a pizza delivery man, entered a PNC bank in Erie, Pennsylvania, wearing a metal collar around his neck. He demanded $250,000 in cash, but the bank did not have the requested amount. Wells left with less than $9,000, appearing calm and unafraid as he swung a cane that was later discovered to be a functioning gun disguised as a cane.

In a recent incident, Wells was caught in a bank with a collar around his neck, claiming it was wired to a bomb. He was apprehended by the police and taken into custody.

In a tragic turn of events, Wells pleaded for help from police officers as a bomb around his neck beeped. Unfortunately, the bomb detonated, resulting in Wells' immediate death.

The article questions why no one was held responsible for Wells' death and suggests that law enforcement considered him a co-conspirator in the bank heist plot. The family of Wells maintains his innocence and expresses frustration with the officers present during his death.

The case revolves around Brian Wells' involvement in a bank heist that ended in his death. The article suggests doubt about Wells' role, with the main accuser being Kenneth Barnes, a convicted crack dealer with motives to lie. The article implies a potential cover-up to protect those involved in the case.

An FBI agent stated in a court affidavit that another witness supported Wells' story, claiming to have seen him driving away from a house where the plot was devised. However, there is no evidence to suggest Wells was actively collaborating with the individuals behind the plot.

The FBI believes that if Wells was involved, his role was limited to early planning stages. They suggest that he was coerced into wearing the bomb collar that caused his death.

Authorities suspected Wells' involvement based on his behavior inside the bank, but it is possible that his calm demeanor was a result of nervousness. The article discusses Wells' connection to the co-conspirators through a prostitute named Jessica Hoopsick.

The article questions the lack of follow-up on a revelation made by Hoopsick, suggesting that Wells may not have been involved. It highlights the random nature of the call that led Wells to the radio tower where the collar was placed.

The authorities confirm the involvement of Kenneth Barnes, Floyd Stockton, William Rothstein, and Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong in the case. A breakthrough occurred when Rothstein reported a dead body in his garage, leading to the discovery of Diehl-Armstrong's involvement.

Diehl-Armstrong has been charged with the murder of her boyfriend, James Roden. She pleaded guilty, but mentally ill, and was transferred to a state prison. Rothstein died of cancer, refusing to discuss the Wells case on his deathbed.

Investigators linked Diehl-Armstrong and Rothstein to a payphone used to order a pizza that kickstarted the bank heist. The article provides information about the bomb plot and Diehl-Armstrong's conviction.

The article mentions the deaths of Barnes and Stockton, without providing details about the criminal case or the circumstances surrounding their deaths.

Download Google News

Latest most accurate world news on our pages

Recent News